We Can Help When A Stepparent Wants To Adopt
Marrying into a family that involves children is an exciting and sometimes chaotic time. There are many aspects you need to think carefully about — and determine the ways in which ex-spouses, new spouses and all children will blend together to preserve the best interests of the children.
Choosing to adopt your stepchild can come with some legal hoops that need careful navigation. At Nordaune & Friesen, PLLC, our experienced attorneys understand all family law matters and how family dynamics can create complicated environments for legal decisions.
If you are considering adopting your stepchild, we can help you understand:
- All legal requirements before this can happen
- The rights of the birth parents or other stepparents
- If home visits or hearings are necessary
- Gaining signed consent from the birth parent
- Situations in which the birth parent has waived their rights
- How adoption may affect child support
- Birth parent paternity or other parent-establishment issues
Reputable And Fast-Acting Legal Solutions
Our team has over 30 years of experience in all family law matters — with a compassionate approach and skilled navigation of the Minnesota legal system, you can rest assured that your family is in good hands.
Start The Process Early | We Help Things Run Smoothly
Contact us to discuss any questions you may have about your stepparent adoption choice. We can help you identify pitfalls or the best path forward for your case. We strive to make this an exciting, positive experience for everyone involved. If your situation involved volatile relationships or individuals, we are prepared to fight for your rights and the best interests of your stepchild.